Expert UI Designer
Hello! I am Nic, the Expert Designer and Assistant Manager of the Shopee SG Design Team, specializing in designing the company’s SaaS / Enterprise products and related to Consumer side products. Since I graduated in 2000 with an art major.
I worked in the gaming industry for 11 years in China, and then I came to Singapore to make a breakthrough. I spent the next 9 years in Singapore, exploring and learning new areas of SaaS product design and responsible for small team and project management and newcomer technical training. I really enjoyed my journey in the blue sea of user interface design!
My Skills & Gears
I focus on Enterprise ToB product design; product experience reached 60+ products across HR, Develop, cloud services, machine learning, finance, and internal system product line. I will continue to focus on Singapore’s large enterprise’s / SaaS related products.
I pursue the ultimate simple and easy-to-understand UI design concept. I created the “double layer induction method” to design complex systems into a straightforward UX process, reducing the user’s difficulty in using them.
I have been making design systems such as AntD for a long time and using Figma’s official Autolayout+Property+self-made plug-ins, I can make a powerful and easy-to-use design system to improve efficiency of the team.
I will continue to discover the vast sea of UX and UI design in the future.
- Micro Team Leadership(2~4 people)
- Figma Prototype
- Adobe XD
- Adobe After Effect
- Freehand Sketching
- Logo Design
- SaaS / Enterprise Product Design
- To Cumosure Product Design
- Web Design
Education (1996 – 2000)
- Central China Normal University, Art Design Major.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Art Design
Experience (2000 – 2013)
- 13 years ( 4 years game project management ) working experience in the game industry
- Good at Unity3D system for UI works 3D UI effect & animation;
- Familiar with the process of game art flow development;
- Good at communication with programmers;
- Proficiency in using 2D and 3Dmax and related software;
- Having basic using knowledge of flash AS2.0, have the capability of writing Flash Action Script code that is commonly used in flash UI animation;
- Love game design, and are more comfortable creating various elaborate works;
- Professional skills who have received formal art education, good sense of color, and good art quality;
- Working experience covers:
Experience (2013 – 2022)
- Join Garena as a creative designer
- Quickly establish enterprise middle-end system guideline, component library and design system, allowing the team to quickly and efficiently start unified design work
- Specializing in enterprise middle-end systems, making more than 60 products for enterprises, the products involve: company hr, data analysis, anti-fraud, admin, promotion, campaign, chat, user account, DevOps, cloud computing, machine learning, company process management, etc. field and some related mobile phone business
- Ability to lead a team
- Provide rich experience in the rapid design of various types of middle and Taiwan projects,
- Familiar with front-end basic HTML CSS language, able to communicate well with front-end developers
- Have unique technical strength, have the skills to complete the project alone, and can also lead a small team to complete the project quickly
- Have very rich and superb skills in using design software, can actively innovate new and efficient methods at work, and improve the production efficiency of products
- Code 3 Figma plug-ins suitable for the design process, which can greatly improve the combat effectiveness of the team, and standardize the design documents
Years of Experience
- May. 2018 – Now|Expert UI Designer|Assistant Manager
- MAY. 2013 – May. 2018｜Garena online Singapore｜Creative Desiger
- JUL. 2011 – APR. 2013｜Lucasfilm Art Singapore｜UI artist of Facebook game, FPS game in Xbox360 and IOS game
- MAY. 2007 – MAY. 2011｜Ubisoft studio, Shanghai｜Senior UI artist of End War Xbox360/PS3/PC, EndWar2, SuperSoccer Online, Ghost Recon Online
- MAR. 2007 – MAY. 2007｜Zhiqu Entertainment, Shanghai｜UI artist, Web Game Art leader – (173World online)
- MAR. 2003 – MAR. 2007｜Shanda Entertainment,Shanghai｜Art leader, Manager, UI artist – (Shanda Rich online,The Sign MMO online)
- SEP. 2001 – MAR. 2003｜5Wan.com Entertainment,Beijing｜Mobile phone game Artist designer
- MAY. 2000 – SEP. 2001｜Flying Eagle Entertainment,Beijing｜Scene designer, 3D scene artist
- Garena Lab Product
Garena Live for TW TH VN
- Shopee Marketplace Tech
- Shopee Technical Operation
Shopee Traffic Platform Disaster
SDP （SPACE Deployment Flatform）
SEE（Shopee Eagle Eye）
Shopee Workflow System
- Design System & Tools
Table Builder （Figma Plugin）
Internal System Component Library
PageMaker （Figma Plugin）
Shopee UI Maker （Figma Plugin）
- General Product
Shopee Ticket Center（Mobile and PC)
Anti-fraud Management Portal
Dynamic Floating Banner Icon For Voucher
- Machine Learning
Data Label system
- Garena Product
Garena Live for TW TH VN
- Shopee Mobile（ToC）
Purchase With Gifts
Shopee Help Center
QC Listing Platform
Enhance item Tag shop-level Tagging Method
Seller Listing FPM
Brand QC Blacklisting Portal & Brand Appeal
Global Category Management2.0
MTSKU support WHS stock sync
Mass Edit Migration
- User Account
HR Learning Management
User Tag Portal
Seatalk Stickers Drawing
Account Security Center
- HRIS for HR
HR Learning Management
SeaTalk Event Attendance System
Sea Front Desk Registration
- Developer SPP (Cloud)
SUEZ SPACE User Portal
- Shopee Promotion
Purchase With Purchase
Logistic Promo Portal
- Shopee Chat
Rule Based Engine
The value I can provide for you
If I join your team, I will provide you with good SaaS product design support, including the following aspects below here:
- 01 • Ultimate simplicity UI/UX
- 02 • Assetization & tooling
- 03 • Fun, joyful design
01 • Ultimate Simplicity UI/UX
I explored to accomplish all the function jumping layers with the least number of UX latitudes
and pursued to accomplish the most functional requirements with the least number of single-page functions.
Using the “two-layer method” to reduce the number of layers of the internal system to a minimum reduces the difficulty of understanding. Regardless of the number of logical layers, I will convert them: to 2 UX layers and three types of pages.
The number of functions on the page looks as less as possible, keeping the number of visible buttons low, making good use of vision and layout hints to achieve a streamlined page, using two techniques: “ingenuity” and “hiding.”
02 • Assetization & Tooling
When a product is release to be used. It has to satisfy not only functional, but also psychological and aesthetic criteria. Good design emphasizes the usefulness of a product whilst disregarding anything that could detract from it.
A good UI design must ensure a clear structure, focus on user experience, unique, unified, and concise under the premise of ensuring aesthetics. Sounds easy, right? It’s not easy to do it. Even if you can absorb and ensure that the early design ideas are correct, there may be many unexpected things when you put them into practice. The process from idea to implementation is the real test of personal ability.
After a long-term accumulation of work on enterprise middle-end projects, I have sorted out a lot of convenient module components, combined with a lot of small whimsy, so that enterprise middle-end projects can be built quickly. Based on the idea of modular construction, in addition, It also made a quick building platform Pagemaker, as well as related plug-ins, table Builder, etc., which greatly improved the production efficiency.
UI Maker Demo
Page Maker Demo
Inspired raise by real-life insights
Design inspiration can only be slowly obtained through daily observation and understanding of beauty. Creating beauty can be learned from understanding the beauty of the real world.
On the right is a close-up shot of our Galaxis office building, a scene that everyone sees every day, and its unique sense of rhythm can be found from a special angle, I can get some special inspiration from it, about the design of the database and table controls feel.
My Newest Gallery
” I read once, that musicians don’t retire. They stop when there’s no more music in them. Well, I still have music in me, absolutely positive about that. “
CyberPay is a software sales and payment bill issued by the Vietnam Electronic Sports Development Corporation (Vietnam Esports) in April...
AboutGarenaLive is an exclusive live streaming platform for gamers with a Garena gaming account. GarenaLive players can earn coins through gifts...
[iframe src = "http://www.heynic.com/2018/2_learning_workroom/test-lab-anything/gpc-hover-news.html" width = "80%" height = "960" frameBorder="no"...
Heynic.com Christmas Cute Creepy Cool Dragon Boy, Let's Dance!
With BeeDoctor, you can protect your PC while also cleaning your operating system, all from a comfortable...